1. Do you like where you live or do you wish you could move?
I love where I live. There’s no where else I’d rather live.
2. No matter what life throws at me, I believe that I can deal with it. Agree or Disagree?
I always have, so I think I’ll continue to deal with it – but I’ve learned to ask for help a lot sooner and more often.
3. A dear friend is stuck in an unhappy relationship. What advice would you give to the friend to cope–how can they make lemonade out of lemons?
There are very few reasons that I can think of that would force a person to stay in a relationship – financial, housing, shared children (maybe). I don’t know that I could give advice to make that situation less coerced. I guess I could point to an expiration/escape date in the future.
4. Nothing of value can be learned from failure. True or False?
Failure is always an opportunity to learn.
5. Even if you are sure about your ultimate choice, do you still ask others for advice before making an important or risky decision?
Yes, generally. I have go to friends for career advice, for example.
Bonus: What is the sweetest or rewarding moment in your life?
Most rewarding, hands down every time a student comes back (or emails me) to tell me they learned something from me, or that something I taught them has stuck with them years (in some cases) later.
Second place was the day I got the keys to my house.